We have a children's praise CD in the car and it has quickly become Connor's favorite thing to listen to. He loves the challenge of memorizing something and will want to listen to it over and over until he can recite it back to you. He is constantly singing throughout the day. This morning while playing with play dough he started singing a song that goes like this:
"It's me, it's me oh Lord
Standing in the need of prayer"
But instead of "prayer" Connor kept saying "friends".
I know he didn't even realize what he was saying, but you would think this poor boy doesn't have anybody to play with. :)
I have been slow on blogging lately. Partly because we have several things going on, but mainly because I think all my free time is being spent focusing on raising this precious strong willed child. I am so thankful God made him just the way he is and he has qualities that are going to be great when he is older, but right now they can be a challenge. He is so loving and sweet then with a flip of the switch that defiant temperament just rears through. We aren't sure how long this will last, but we know that with prayer and a LOT of tough love we will make it through just fine. If you think about it please pray for all of us. :)
All that to say, our Bible verse we have been working on goes perfectly with the current phase we are in.
"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, this is the right thing to do." Ephesians 6:1
He had also learned a song that goes with the verse that he broke out singing after I had him recite the verse.
I love him!



2 comments:
I have been reading Strong Willed Child by Dr. Dobson, and it has really helped me with Kailey! The way you describe Connor is exactly how I describe Kailey! We will be praying that God helps you to shape his will without breaking his spirit!!
Thank you for the prayers and the book advice! I have been reading Dr. Dobson book also. (Along with Dare to Discipline and Bringing Up Boys) You are right, they really do help. We need to get these 2 together! :)
Post a Comment