We went up to Cole's work on Friday night to start setting up his new office. I loved seeing where he would be every day and getting a feel for what his new job will be like. Since there was so much to do we went back for a little bit on Saturday to finish sorting through all of the furniture and junk that the guy before him had left. You would not believe how much stuff was in this office. I don't think the previous employee ever threw anything away in the 6 years he was there. It was disgusting to say the least! After lots of cleaning, organizing, and adding a few personal touches his office is ready to go.
Connor loves having his Daddy home on the weekends. He becomes his little shadow and wants to do everything just like Cole.
The not so fun part of our weekend was spent trying to get Connor to sleep. For the past week, bedtime/naptime have been a major struggle. It all started one day when he decided he could get out of bed by himself. We have tried everything we can think of to keep him in there and nothing seems to work! What works one day might not work the next. It is just so hard to understand why he is resisting going to sleep. He is so sweet and good the rest of the day, but then goes crazy when it is time to sleep! I don't think I have ever seen him act so strong-willed and stubborn about anything before. Needless to say we are all worn out from the "power struggle" and can't wait for sleeping to be a happy time again. I know this is just a phase and we will get through it, but any ideas/ advice would be greatly appreciated!! The one thing we do know that works is prayer so be sure to be saying a few prayers for the Hayden family this week. :)
I can say that I am so thankful he is currently taking a nap, even though it took almost 2 hours for him to give in and fall asleep! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment